The San Diego Senior Alliance is currently developing a synergistic approach to the Coordinated Care Initiative. San Diego County has been designated as one of the test counties in the United States.
The following key issues are part of the focus of the Alliance:
- Ensure all San Diego County Seniors and Persons with Disabilities basic needs are met
- Attract funding from local, state and national entities to the region to assist Seniors and Persons with Disabilities to live independently
- Advocate collectively to positively affect public policy on behalf of San Diego County Seniors and Persons with Disabilities
- Explore the creation of a Social Services IPA to create accessing supporting services easier for the medical community
- Build trust and communication among Seniors and Persons with Disabilities serving providers